Saturday, September 4, 2010

barf bag.

There are some things in life that I will never understand. Like, why in high school we have classes on everything in the world, but "relationships". I think that a Relationships 101 course would be helpful for everyone. Also, I have a hard time grasping why people like cilantro, but that's just my own personal taste, and it's one thing I choose to avoid eating at all costs. However, this rainbow display is one thing I don't think that ANYONE should have to understand. Perhaps its a great idea to air out wet clothes from the beach as you are walking, I get it. Practical is important. Perhaps the sand will be easily shaken out the sides as you are walking OR if you have a wave hit your boat while you are on the ocean, not to worry, your camera is now broken, BUT your bag/purse/murse/plastic sack, is not full of water. And I know it is kind of nice to match shoes with bags--like a black pair of heels with a cute hand bag, but, a Croc Bag? Are the (generally speaking) colorful crocs not enough that we need to have matching bags also? Must we draw even more attention to the most eye painful shoes ever created? 
      The best part is that I took this picture in an airport store. I can only imagine all the lucky souls waiting for their loved one in the arrivals section that received a bag. "Thanks for coming to pick me up from the airport! I found this for you as I was waiting to get on the plane, I hope you like it!" "Wow, thanks a million, I sure can't wait to use this bag here in Alaska where we go to the beach all the time! You are so thoughtful!"

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Skinny Jean said...

For all those who feel inhumane about carrying their miniature dogs around in your fashionable yet stuffy designer bags...
Finally... a solution.

Nice try Crocs but Martha Stewart already one-upped ya... http://bit.ly/bzOgik

Maybe product placement is the issue? A bottom shelf in Petsmart or the gardening section in Wal-Mart?

September 5, 2010 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Peacoat said...

After considering all of the above reasons for this bag being ridiculous---all I can think of is that I'd actually love to have one of my own. Not to carry to work. Not for the gym (which I don't ever visit anyway). Not for dining, concerts, the mall or for anything other than the beach.

This bag makes no sense---and yet it makes perfect sense. I don't like it--and yet I love it. I can't explain it---I'm just saying if the Crocs peeps set up a booth and I happened to walk by and they were giving them away for free and I was heading to the beach that day I would definitely be excited to take it and try it out. I'd like to fill it with sand and see how far I can walk before all the sand has drained out the ventilation holes. I'd like to fill it up with water and try to carry it up to the moat surrounding my sand castle kingdom and see how much water leaked out before I got there.
Would I purchase this bag? If I had children of my own perhaps. Curious as to the cost I typed in www.crocs.com and was surprised that this bestseller was not listed on their site. That being said the summer season has ended and these types of beach basket replacement bags aren't quite as necessary.... I'll be holding my breath till next summer to see what they come up with next.

September 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home