Friday, September 10, 2010

fashionably placed.

Apparently, Susie Q should never have threatened to throw away her husband Chuck's prized fish that he caught in 1942, because there was no place to keep it in the house.  What a shock it must have been when she came home from her morning at Bing-o to discover the fish that had almost made it to the garbage, was now the only thing anyone could focus on when they looked at their house.  But for real though, WHAT is going on here and WHY is it still nailed to the front of the house? Unfortunately my "drive-by-stop-in-the-middle-of-the-road-and-take-a-photo-with-the-trusty-Iphone" shot does not exhibit the BRIGHT tourqoise and vibrant royal blues that the fin of this has-been fish entails.  This random Vancouver decoration made me laugh so hard I had to drive around the block to get a second glance.  If you notice, the fish is almost as large as the living room window.  Chuck must have felt so proud to have finally listened to his wife.  "I told you I'd find a spot for it!"        

2 Comments:

Blogger neon nylon said...

Look I gotta hand it to Chuck for being so daring to put such a 'beauty' on his house. To quote the famous Australian movie THE CASTLE, Daryl states "a mans home is his castle" Castles speak of grandeur and prize and look at me etc. Good on chuck for showcasing such a catch and I gotta say the placement is perfect. Nice jump out of the sea green baseboards representing I can assume the ocean or near by lake.
One question remains. 'What is this got to do with fashion?'

September 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Peacoat said...

Excellent point--what's this got to do with fashion? We can all agree this mighty swordfish is the center of this person's world. Some may view its dynamic arrangement and placement on the wall as fashionable. Others (like my mother) would probably throw up in their mouths a little were they to come upon this scene. I personally think its hilarious---but I would argue that its more an issue of style. Style being the larger category that includes fashion (clothing/accessories/hair). If this is true, then we must ask: is it fashionable to discuss style on a sucky fashion blog?

September 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home