Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christymas!


I've recently come to the conclusion that I am many things, however, I am not a baker and I am not a decorator.  I can manage fine with both, however, they are just not my "thing". But then here I am walking through the busiest mall in ALL of British Columbia, Canada on the Sunday before Christmas (yes I am still alive and no, I did not kill anyone) and I stop short in my tracks for these window displays.  For maybe I am not as far off from being those two things as I thought.  People paid REAL money (not the fake, pretend, Monopoly money) to have someone create these.  I'm not sure of the purpose behind them, I do think they are artsy and beautiful in a way, and they succeeded in their purpose (advertiseing) for they caught my attention (and now your attention, because you are reading this).  BCBG a high end clothing line got our atttention by paying 1/2 price on maniquens (because they only had to purchase 1/2 the maniquen) and stuffing them into boxes (that their clothes came in for the store so they didn't even have to take the empty ones down to the garbage, that's environmentally friendly awesomeness).  And THEN.... 

I see THIS and I have taken a few steps back on my self discovery path and decided that I am the world's greatest decorator.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home