Monday, December 13, 2010

shoes of the week - reezig?

My amazing mother is fully aware of my superior knowledge and ridiculous obsession with shoes/boots/footwear in general. Just this afternoon she sent me a couple pics of the Reebok Zigtech [Reezig campaign].

Prepare to have your life changed by a brief + coarse shoe technology overview: Nearly 10 years ago, when Nike's Air patent was on the way towards expiring, they put all their marbles into the Nike Shox campaign.... I think it worked for the most part. Alongside the Shox technology they've brought in the lunarlite and have since mixed them all together in various combinations.

Reebok got tired of sitting on the bench and decided it was time to do something zesty. Their plan? Astronaut training crater-scaling moon joggers. Although its difficult to judge a book by its covers--I'm usually game to try. But not wanting to be naive, I did what all professional shoe analysts do: I tried them on and walked around for 2 min in the store.

Quick conclusion:  The appearance is shocking. The color combos are not terrible. The comfort level is decent, but if you're any sort of a hypersensitive comfort princess, you will find the zigging ridges on the sole to be a bit annoying. Some of you might like that experience----Check em out and decide for yourself! 



Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger neon nylon said...

Do you think as the designer of this shoe was finishing the last touches to show his boss he remembered his wife icing the cake they had for their anniversary the night before and thought, brilliant I'll put some frills along the sole, that will do the trick..... And maybe when my boss asks how difficult it was to create such a fine zig zag I can reply oh piece of cake. sorry what are we talking about....... shoes?

December 15, 2010 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Slippers. said...

I actually pointed and laughed outloud at the shoe to the shoe salesman a few months back when I first saw these and asked him if they were a joke. He then explained to me that they were not and they actually make it so that different muscles in your legs are being worked when you wear them.

December 16, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home