Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Polar Dip Beach Fashion Magic.




The shock of the New Year starts out with a trip to the beacth with some friends and thousands of others to watch countless amounts of people jump into the freezing Pacific Ocean to bring in the New Year with a huge grin and no feeling in body parts.  As someone who loves to surf in the cold ocean, I watched in awe at the guts so many had to jump in on this bone-chillingly cold day, I did not partake as I had not yet viewed this occassion before and was unaware of the amount of fun that could be had.  The beach was filled with people in regular stylish outfits to costumes and outfits that were created for this special 2:30pm event.  What a hilarious endeaovour that I thoroughly look forward to being apart of next year.  Cheers to the tights and the undies ladies and the epic grins.  What a fantastic way to ring in the new year. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Slippers. said...

except 100000000 pounds of fur. :) - but true. even fashion sometimes needs to be left on the shore.

January 5, 2011 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger Peacoat said...

I think if you're going to polar dip you need to do it in the nude---or in a speedobikini at the most. these tights wearing nutjobs deliberately outsmart the casual observer by choosing outrageously bright colors to distract them from the truth that they are in fact wearing layers to help them survive the chilly waters of the bay. if you aren't nude[incl. speedobikinis].... it ain't a polar dip. I'm not saying I'm for pro-polar dip nudity, I'm just sayin.... you don't see polar bears wearing external layers do you.....

January 5, 2011 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Peacoat said...

weird how you responded to my comment 1 min before I wrote it.....ohhhhh can you see the future?

January 5, 2011 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home