Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Vans? Or Trucks... Or Cars?

 I just snapped some pics for blogging and all I could hear in my head was Whitesnake yelling at me, "Hereeeeeeeee I go again on my ooooooown, goin' down the only road I've ever known!!! Like a drifter I was born to walk aloneeeeee, An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time!"

Obviously slightly melodramatic as the photos I was taking were of smelly shoes and nothing about blogging makes you "alone" - but seriously - classic Rock and Roll songs just make everything feel more pumped up and energized and REALLLYYY important!! 

So I'm in Jasper, AB (a place in Canada, aka the small country above the US of A) a couple of months ago and walk into this bike shop and BAM - there they were.  The magical dream Vans slip-on shoes for a small child.  So from the Rocky Mountains, to Vancouver, BC (also a place in Canada), shipped to the mountains in the States (a small country below Canada), my nephew received shoes SO bright that he would reach down to touch them the first few minutes he had them on, because the brightness was so much! This is all fun and games because this child is two.  But then I got to thinking today about the rest of my Vans problem (I am not two). 




Currently I think I only have 6 pairs.  But it's OK right, because they all serve different purposes?? 





"SLIPS"
These I wear to capture kid's hearts immediately upon meeting them! NOT in a Creepasauraus kind of way - but when working in schools, they trust you faster when you have Darth Vadar fighting scenes on your feet!  But on a more serious note.
Whoever created slip on shoes that look best when you have bare feet, obviously never wore them on hot days.  I always feel like a real princess when I take them off at the end of the day and everyone in a 6 block radius of my house, passes out instantly from the glorious smell that fills their nostrils!  



"REPTILE MAGIC (?)"
Haven't determined the purpose of these yet.  Currently just waiting to have a purpose.  Possibly disastrous? Possibly the best yet? I'd say they are "to be determined". 




"SKATE OR DIE"
K but honestly. Vans makes FLIP FLOPS that have grip like that of skate shoes??? I don't even skateboard and that's awesome!  I bought them in San Diego a few moons ago and serious amount of greatness has taken place wearing these.




"NOTHIN' SAYS FASHION
QUITE LIKE HIGH-TOPS AND
WOOLIES"
These I inherited from someone rad and they are sizes too big. SO in the winter in snowboard towns where there are multiple feets of snow, a couple pairs of wooly socks (and a whole lot of fashion sense later) and these are better than boots!



"SLIP-KNOT"
SO I seriously tried to be an adult here.  I intentionally went into a store that sells dress shoes, to buy "adult work shoes" and whoops! Adorable little beach shoes!  Super awesome, especially because I bought them in the middle of the rainy season of the winter! #Winning?





"CHECK-er ME OUT"
Finally. These are last simply because they are the best. I wear them mostly so that the world thinks I am as cool as Bodhi from Point Break.



Til next time folks.
#suckingatfashionsincebeforeyouwereborn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home