Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Perfect Coffee Ritual Destroyed

I find coffee tastes its most best when it's picked up slowly (with the lid already taken off), lifted gently toward the lips till the dark aromatic steam rising off the top perfectly fills the nostrils. It is at this moment of transformation as I pause tenderly to stare into the future by scrunching the eyebrows into a semi-scowl whilst inhaling the dark beautiful wonder that has forever altered the coarse course of history, that I anticipate the majesty about to fill my body with life, riches, warmth and peace. As I lean forward and tilt the cup ever so slightly, I am most rudely interrupted by a deja vu moment so crystal in its clarity that I cannot procede with the finale of the perfect morning coffee ritual. The coffee abruptly returns to the table in front of me and I am left despairing at the thought of another fall/winter season of Ponchos. That's right friends, ponchos are back! Checkit.
*photo courtesy of Lynne Madden

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

although, I admit, they are comfortable - and I have owned one, poncho's should never leave the safety of one's home, unless you're in rural Mexico, and you're wearing a cowboy hat and boots (and rockin a handlebar mustache).

October 23, 2010 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Peacoat said...

More gory poncho glory coming soon!

October 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home