Tuesday, February 15, 2011

shoes of the week - 70s Yak Boots

Flipping thru an old trunk in the attic of my great grandparents log cabin recently I happened upon this lovely photo from the late 60s or early 70s. My great uncle Rynhold Fermhar [pictured here] used to craft a pair of these beauties for each of his children (and eventually his grand children)---to last them through the brittle cold of the arctic winter. Much like the wholly mammoth coats made by my twice-removed second great cousin Nestor William Phillipson---the boots made from the hide of a Yak is the best (and sexiest) way to beat the frigid temperatures of the great white north. Bold and beautiful--that's what I always say!



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Slippers. said...

ooooohhhhhhhhKAYYYYYYYYYY now.
what in the WTF is going on here yo??!! Someone murdered the Grinch and made him into booootss!!! But he came without packages, boxes or BAGS!!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY. Can you even have a second great cousin? In any case, I laughed really hard and couldn't look at the screen clearly. I want a pair.

A man is holding these. Does that mean they are man boots? Moots?

February 16, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home