Monday, September 27, 2010

the City

--T H E  C I T Y--
Living in the Bay Area for a while now I've learned that everyone has a different way of referring to San Francisco. For example, locals say its only Kiwis, Canadians, and other out-of-town wannabes that refer to it as San Fran: "we don't go to your town and call it Chicag, Jasp, or Vancouv."

I personally think 'Frisco' is weaksauce--but most of the dudes who call it Frisco are dudes I wouldn't mess with [Samuel L. Jackson would for sure call it Frisco!!].

Many refer to it as SF and some go as far as, City by the Bay or City by the Golden Gate.  But I think the most groovy of all is: The City. Now, you're sitting there thinking, 'everyone calls their city "the city" as in, "hey, wanna go to the city?"'  But that's where you'd be wrong.  See, people in SF might say that, but it would be more like, "hey, wanna go to 't h e  C i t y' ?" It's crucial to note the mellowness demonstrated by the lowercase font and spacing--this is to communicate confidence, loyalty, attitude and swagger.

I got an excellent taste of this loyalty when visiting a bagel shop in t h e  C i t y. As the lady taking my order rang up the total, a staff person walked by and shocked me with this sculpture of the Golden Gate Bridge. I asked if I could take his picture, and he laughed and said yes. And now we can all take a moment to ponder and appreciate life, liberty, and the pursuit of making delicious toasted bagel sandwiches.

*he also let me shoot the side profile of the spiraling vine chinstrap. solid.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

d a n g t h a t g u y i s s u p e r l a i d b a c k !

September 28, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home