Friday, September 17, 2010

ruffaluffagus

Recently, a friend convinced me to peruse a Forever 21 megastore during a San Francisco city cruise. I agreed--on the condition that she share with me her running color commentary [look it up, its a sports term] on different clothing items and accessories she noticed along the 7 mile walk through the 8 different floors of this downtown 5-star shopping shebang.

Midway through the 6th floor (or was it the 4th?) a sharp jab to the back of my ribs alerted me to the reality of the incredibleness she had noticed---that I had so carelessly walked past. Looking back as sneakily as possible, I was able to catch a glimpse of what's been pseudo-affectionately dubbed: "ruffaluffagus". You're going to have to zoom in 2x or 3x... because from a distance these bad boys look just like any other pair of brown pants.  Butt up close its a different story.

As the store was packed with patrons, it was difficult to get a pic, but after a little scheming and some noteworthy acting, we pulled off a mediocre photo of the first public splash of ruffles for the end-of-summer-beginning-of-fall season.

On the ruffles scale, this woman has achieved a solid 9 or a 10.  Rumor on the street is that ruffles have also been sighted on the racks at H&M .... I'm looking forward to this fall, but a part of me is wondering what exactly we are in for?
What?
Are?
We?
In?
For?

[This message has been brought to you by the color brown. The letter "R". And the number "0".]

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Skinny Jean said...

Uh oh.

I really hope you guys just caught her on laundry day.

I also really hope this isn't like the time in 6th grade when I said I would never EVER wear flared pants, and then rocked them (with Spice Girl platform shoes too I might add) by 7th grade... Or like the time I swore I would never wear skinny jeans and have now even began venturing into the world of super-skinny 'Jeggings' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeggings )...

But. I will NEVER wear ruffle pants.

At least for the sake of the impracticality of them... never mind the fact that horizontal stripes do nothing for your derriere but make you look like a walking topographical map... And I know there are a lot of impractical clothes out there that are solely for fashion; (leg warmers, knuckle gloves, etc...) but some trends just need to die already. Haven't we seen these before? 70's? 80's? Who cares. Classics such as jeans, tee's, and dresses take spins on the decade regurgitation wheel and I understand that. But why bring back something that endangers you of being mistaken for the bottom-half of a coconut tree?

10 points for the pink & brown Miss.
-20 for the clashing bag.
and 10 points for being in Forever 21... I hope they were able to help.

September 18, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home