Wednesday, September 15, 2010

man purse = murse. man skirt = mirt?

I should apologize if my writing is scattered today, my brain hasn't figured out quite yet that it's no longer asleep, so my thoughts are a little scattered and my grammar smarts are a little on the slow side (as can be seen in that sentence).  One of those days where I'd like stay in bed all day, and really wanted to push snooze a few more times than I was able to.  However, it reminded me of a time that I was walking through the OGG Airport in Maui, starring at the ground as I was sad to leave, and in front of me waiting for the security check was a man that I assumed had literally rolled out of bed to get to the airport as he had managed to take his bed sheet with him!  How convenient!  I imagine he pressed snooze too many times and then decided he had to skip a step to get to the OGG on time and - so he decided that step would be putting on clothes.  I wish I could have done that today.  I could have had my own personal toga party - just strolled into the office with some leaves in my hair and a bed-sheet on.  I know that comfy is key, as Peacoat has mentioned before, and I am in no way criticizing this man's decision about what he wanted to wear, but I just have a hard time figuring out how he managed to pull it off (the fashion idea- not the bed sheet), or did he?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lemon Shoes said...

He probably forgot to shave his legs that day, thats why he went with the long sheet skirt rather than the short sheet skirt. No shame in that, we all have those days.

September 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Peacoat said...

I got one! I got one! What do you get when you cross Darth Vader and a Toga Party...... but seriously, I think the outfit is purely influenced by his time on the islands..... wearing board shorts and having a towel around your waist all day will do that to anyone---who can blame him wanting to bring that vibe back to the windy city of Chicago?

September 16, 2010 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Peacoat said...

ps. are you the first one to coin the phrase 'mirt'? i think you might be....

September 16, 2010 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Slippers. said...

Heck ya i am! It is the first cuz i am the best. So i can make up words. That is what people that are the best do! Can also be used in sayings too, for example, "mirt up yo!" & "im having the mirt day ever!". Always important to make the most of things (like this guy with a bed sheet/darth vadar mirt) that is why not only can it describe man skirts, but will also probably get you beat up if you use while talking to a real gangsta. Two is alwyays best.

September 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home