Wednesday, September 15, 2010

three genres. one unforgivable disaster

Can the term genre be used regarding shoes? Or perhaps I should use 'group', or 'race'? To simply say the word 'style' for shoes just doesn't give enough credit (if that makes sense), personally I think these are more important than that. Truth is, it doesn't really matter, I just wanted to use 'genres' in my title for the blog.
Three shoe styles. One mega disaster. Made me realize why I love the others so much. For starters, I walked by a row of old school Reebok high-top kicks. I didn't know how to react, so I took a picture, in case you couldn't figure that out yourself. They reminded me of my mother when I was really young, rocking acid washed jeans and a mega perm. Bringing these classics back is a step up in the shoe realm. It was dope to be filled with nostalgia as thoughts of my rockin' mother came to me through glancing at multiple pairs of an irreplaceable genre of shoes. However, I do think only the right styled person could pull them off and make them look as good as they do on the shelf (or on my stylish mom).
The Gravis caught my attention, as I hadn't seen a classic skate shoe in a while. Generally speaking they are mega comfortable and perfect to throw on after a good snowboard sesh. I haven't rocked any of their shoes before, but this classic look made me think they'd perhaps do the trick [a trustworthy source informed me that Gravis have been improving their designs as a brand in the last 3 years and have become a presence in the skate/snow community]. I tried them on and almost bought them, but realized another pair of shoes is probably not what I needed for the moment.
Finally, and unfortunately, then there were these shiny shoes. I don't even want to say what colour they were because I NEVER want to insult a colour that badly by associating it with these monstrosities. I see NOTHING O.K. about them. What in the H - E - double hockey stick realm were they thinking?! There is no excuse for them. They should be illegal. The creators should be banned from our nation. And the store they were sold in (thanks Winners - or T.J. Maxx in the USA) should be sad.

A good pair of shoes can make any outfit forgivable. But a bad pair...sigh...you might as well not be wearing any clothes, cause it just isn't going to look good no matter what you do. Trust me. I know everything.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Peacoat said...

Is this one of those rants that stems from a recent trauma? Were you emotionally scarred by the fact that they did not have your size on hand in the shiny stripey birken-crocs? I'm sensing someone might need to take a couple deep breaths look in the mirror and say: I'm beautiful. I'm special. And people like me. Not because I own shiny dusty aqua patterned buckle foam shoes. They like me because I'm me.

September 16, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home