Tuesday, October 26, 2010

now that's what I am talkin' about!

So, we have this street here in Vancouver, BC called Commercial drive.  It's made up of pizza joints, Italian cafes, sports pubs, expensive home furnishing stores filled with products created by local designers and artists and much more.  The joy being that you can never really be sure of what it is that you are going to stumble upon, you just know it's going to be good.

  This Friday afternoon I decided to take a stroll down it, as the surf season here on the Pacific Westcoast is just beginning (swell is best in the winter), the sun however, has just begun to sleep the next six months away and the rains have come.  Needless to say, my courage to get out into the waves disappeared this past weekend so I decided to trade my surf trip in for a weekend in the city and shopping (for boots, still).  Feeling slightly anti-social and mind-bogglingly exhausted from a hectic week at work, I walked from store to store up and down Commerical Drive, trying to convince myself that I really needed everything, however, wisely walked out empty handed, as boots were the goal and all I could find were awesome hats and toques/beanies (although I did buy the coolest beanie of the season).  
  
  I was just about to turn in for the day as I glanced up as I was walking down the street and saw the sunshine brightly (metaphorically speaking, as it was the greyest day so far this fall).  Three amigos had decided to plant themselves on the patio of a popular pub and enjoy a cocktail or two together, wearing the largest sombreros three amigos could possibly wear.  Nothing about these dudes screamed "Meixcan" or gave any reason for the casual hat choice.  Nor was the restaurant they were at Mexican OR was there any special national Holiday or occasion whatsoever for their fine choice in head attire.  Nonetheless.  They'd just decided to wear them.  To make the casual outing of spending time together as friends solid.  Sitting on an outdoor patio.  Two months post summer.  Just them. Their summer drinks. And their Mexican attire. 

Who needs the sun when you have sombreros?  Nicely chosen boys.  You made my day.
  
 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Peacoat said...

Seeing photos like this first thing in the morning is better than a cup of steaming espresso. And Is it just me, or does the guy on the left look like that one famous guy---the one who has the stubble-meets-beard thing going on, you know the guy?

October 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger tracey said...

Those boys and your great blog made my day.

October 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Keegan Flick-Parker said...

Haha, awesome to see this up. I'm the guy on the right btw!

For the record: Sombreros are awesome. They will get you far in life.

October 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Slippers. said...

I hope I did you justice Keegan. You guys sure did the sombreros up right.

October 27, 2010 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Tamara FP said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 27, 2010 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Tamara FP said...

I'm the lucky mother of Keegan, the guy on the right. I love the photo. I'll have to send friends & family to your blog. I've learned, over the years, that when it comes to Keegan and his friends, always expect the unexpected. Oh, and Adam, LOVE the flower in your hair! Adds such a nice touch. ;)

October 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home