Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Go Do Something You Hate

Have you ever sworn that you would never do something... then a few years go by and you realize maybe you shouldn't have been so absolute in your declarations?

Growing up I never liked Converse Chuck Taylors. I never bought them. I never wore them. I didn't like it when my babysitter rocked them, and especially when my friends sported them. My little brother started wearing them to punk rawk shows and eventually I eased my anti-Chuck stance from a 'hatred' to a 'strong-yet-tolerable dislike'.  Then over the years they began to grow on me. In the last few years I tracked down and purchased my own pair of all-black hi-top Chucks, and moved from a neutral/positive position... to a mostly positive position on the love/hate Chuck chart.  

That being said, I may have slowly acquired a taste for Chucks over the years (decades), but there is one thing I promised myself I would never do:  Wear shorts with hi-top Chucks.

....here I am in Kansas City Missouri wearing skinny shorts with hi-top Chucks....and loving it.

Go do something you hate....and love it too!



*photo courtesy of Thunder Pants

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Skinny Jean said...

Yaaay!!!

Whats next... socks with flip flops?!

October 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Peacoat said...

Dang....that's a double dare for me.....

I've been committed to never wear socks with sandals since I was a child---as well, I try to avoid flip-flops whenever possible. A couple years ago I broke the flip-flops one....but I'd love to keep the other commitment if possible. The ultimate would be Socks and Teva sandals----but that's a different post altogether.

October 4, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home